Saturday, August 25, 2007

Hot Saturday Morning...Out and About

This morning we left the house, only to find that my minivan had a flat tire in the garage. Sigh.

Ivana and I borrowed Michael's car and went to Starbucks (first time in history! Yeah, right!). We then bought some banana bread to support the local girls soccer team (The Rage - watch out!) and went to hit some yard sales.

Yard sales are funny things but I've picked up some nice bargains at these makeshift roadside stores. Your junk may be my treasure and my junk may be your treasure. Of course, your junk which becomes my treasure may become my junk one day and then I'll sell it to you because it's your treasure now. Confused? Let's just call it recycling!

Bundle loves to come along. This morning outside of Starbucks he met a little black and white dog. I asked the owner what the dog's name was and she said Latte. Now THAT's a Starbucks fan! He loves meeting new people and, like me, likes to put a smile on their faces.

Ivana found a nice bench, the kind you put in the house, not the kind for outside. You can kind of see it in the pictures, covered up with stuff. She thought it would be perfect for inside our entrance. The seat folds up and you can put shoes or other stuff in there. Unfortunately, the bench is too wide to fit where we needed it to go, so now we're trying it out in the kitchen. We'll see how we feel about it in a while.


1 comment:

Joe said...

Hi Joe,
My entire apartment was furnished from yard sales. The best part is, the chairs never have to be broken in. The problem is, you picture stuff in your home, and then realize it won't fit through the front door.