Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I feel pretty...oh so pretty...

So I had a meal in a nice Chinese restaurant the other day. When they brought the fortune cookies to the table, I opened mine and got the "fortune" you see here..."You look pretty"...so here's my question: what is going on here? I thought fortune cookies were supposed to tell you your fortune, not state the obvious! All I have to do is look in the mirror to see just how damned pretty I am. I don't need some guy in Shanghai to have put this message in a cookie and send it my way.

Next time, I hope not to get another obvious true statement like "You are very smart." or "You have dreamy eyes." or "You are the end-all and be-all of humankind." Give me my fortune! Tell me something I don't know!

Oh, look, on the other side are some lottery numbers. Cool! I'm going to be rich!

1 comment:

Sadie Says said...

Inexplicable! Cause it's not like you need a boost to your self esteem or anything. Silly fortune tellers. ;-)