Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Two TV Shows I Like - And Never the Twain Shall Meet

Dexter is going to start its second season Sept. 30th on Showtime. This show stars Michael C. Hall (of Six Feet Under fame) and Julie Benz (of Angel fame). Hall plays Dexter Morgan, who works as a forensics analyst for the Miami Police Dept, specializing in analyzing blood patterns. He is also a serial killer, killing those he believes deserve death who escape the justice of the law. It's VERY interesting from a psychological standpoint. It's well-written, well-acted and well...I like it. This is an adult show.

The series is based on a series of books by Jeff Lindsay. I may eventually read those.

And now for something completely different! I also like Ugly Betty. It's on ABC on Thursday nights. It seems to rip off the idea of The Devil Wears Prada (an OK movie) but I find this series FUNNY. It's cute, it has really great characters, it's a soap opera for a guy who hates soap operas, and did I mention it's FUNNY? I have laughed so hard watching this show at times. Yes, I promise you, I am a MAN, but I'm not afraid to admit that this show really makes me happy.

Dexter and Ugly Betty. I bet there will never be a crossover episode, but it just goes to show what a range I have!

2 comments:

Sadie Says said...

I'd love to watch Dexter when it comes out on DVD because I love the concept of it (and the actor). But I'm afraid of the violence. Is it really bad? I'm one of those sensitive viewers that they make those warnings for. The weird part is that I'm always attracted to shows like this!

Joe Ganci said...

Yes, there is violence though it isn't pervasive. I suggest you close your eyes during those scenes! :-)