Sunday, November 16, 2008

Visiting David and Sohalia

David Mytton (at left in the first pic) was a very good friend of mine when I attended the American High School of Milan, Italy. I hadn't seen him in 30 years but the beauty of the Internet allowed us to find each other again and he and his lovely wife invited me to visit their home, which is in Palo Alto, between San Jose where I was teaching and San Francisco Airport, from where I was to fly home Friday night.

We had a wonderful time visiting, catching up, talking politics and social issues, all the while eating the homemade pizza they made. I felt as if I was back in Italy!

Now that we've seen each other, yes, it's obvious that time has passed, but at the same time, it's almost as if none has. What a wonderful thing it is to reunite with old friends!

No comments: