Thursday, January 8, 2009

Obama Metro Ticket

The Washington Metro is our subway and bus system. Here is the latest special edition metro ticket. The inauguration of Barack is going to be HUGE. I really want to go, but:

  • They've announced that all Virginia bridges going into DC will be closed.
  • They won't let people near the inauguration site until that morning, I think at 9 am.
  • The metro system is going to be completely overwhelmed.
  • Every road is going to be like rush hour times a hundred.
  • The best I'll be able to do is to see Obama in the far distance, a lot farther than I saw him at the rallies we attended.
  • It'll likely be very cold that day.
So maybe I'll just sit in my warm comfy living room and watch it on TV! We'll see, though. I may still change my mind.

No comments: